Friday 30 October 2009

Friday song – from Iceland with love

I was thinking of posting a song by a Chilean singer/songwriter today but then Titus put in a vote for Iceland's most famous...and I couldn't say no to that cute little doggy face now could I? That's Titus' face not Björk's...obviously!

So which song? To be honest my very favourite Björk number is on her album 'Debut' and it's her version of a fairly conventional 65 year old song (maybe I'm just an old-fashioned girl). Here it is – a bit of romance for a Friday...






The song, of course, is 'Like someone in love'. It was composed in 1944 (for a film soundtrack) by Jimmy Van Heusen, with lyrics by Johnny Burke and it was Bing Crosby who had a hit with it first.

I guess I'll post the Chilean song tomorrow. This could run and run...

x

p.s. So is there really no TFE Monday poem task? He'd better not throw one out at the last minute...Halloween is taken very seriously in this house and we're going to be busy.

11 comments:

Titus said...

Magnificent choice. I'll be back for more but work this morning.

Rachel Fox said...

Yes, I love it. I could listen to it all day and not get sick of it.

Plus to look good in that dress...what the heck colour is that? Lollipop lady yellow?

x

Kat Mortensen said...

Of course, over here, we can't think of Bjork without remembering the swan costume, but stripped down to the bare essentials (albeit, lollipop yellow) she really is quite an amazing singer, isn't she?
I used to like the Sugarcubes.

Rachel Fox said...

I'm so out of touch with fashion that I didn't even know what you were talking about! I guess it's this.

What would a person wear for the Oscars red carpet though? I think I'd wear something the same colour as the carpet and just hope to slip by unnoticed by all the plastic people with microphones...That or just jeans and a t shirt. I think some of the fashion correspondents might just faint at that!

x

swiss said...

my favourite track on this albumis more to life but i like it all. possibly it's my dubnobass equivalent. i like the whole album. more to life reminds me of a time, the whole thing reminds me of a person. ah, reminiscence!

Rachel Fox said...

Oh yes, I love that one too. It's a great album.

It was huge with a lot of people at the club where I worked and because of that I didn't listen to it that much at the time (some of those people were quite full on/ annoying...they dressed like her and everything...men included). But it was my loss - it is brilliant. Mark had a copy so I've listened to it more since I met him (all post '97).

x

Rachel Fox said...

I should point out...Mark is not one of the men who dressed like Bjork...

At least not that I've ever seen.

x

Rachel Fox said...

And the Anchor Song is my next favourite on 'Debut'. It's here.
x

Totalfeckineejit said...

Ah! Bjork, the best thing to come out of Iceland since frozen vol-au-vents.

Titus said...

Swan Dress a classic!
What's not to love about Vikings, she is a truly unique talent.

No clues from TFE about Monday. I feel like I must write something (getting to be a very good habit). I'll link to yours if you link to mine.

Halloween here also hectic. Mummy and Vampire, we think. Poems learnt, lanterns hollowed and sweet stash and peanuts purchased.

Rachel Fox said...

Mark and I are going to be Shrek and Fiona (well, we have the ogre ears). Girl is going to be Violet from the Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events. She is particularly excited about wearing a brown wig over her red hair!
x