Tuesday 26 October 2010

Without failure we are nothing

Nothing much of my own to say just now... so have a listen to and a read of this:




It's Laura Marling from her first album "Alas I cannot swim" (2008). She's one of my very favourites just now and I think it's good to listen whilst seeing her words (as above) instead of that, undoubtedly, very pretty face of hers. Pretty faces have nothing to do with it really, do they? I adore her voice and she's one heck of a songwriter too. And can she really only be 20 years old? Eek. Suddenly I feel ancient...

x

7 comments:

Niamh B said...

thanks for posting that
x

Liz said...

Oh yes! Like her voice and lyrics a lot...thanks, Rachel!

Rachel Fox said...

Both her albums are great...enjoy!
x

Totalfeckineejit said...

We're not much with it either!

Going to listen to the song now.

The Bug said...

Ooh - love it! Will you be offended if I say that she reminds me a bit of Jewel, who I also think is a great songwriter.

Tommaso Gervasutti said...

Great voice, and great songlyrics and a praise, a hail, for all those who go unnamed.
Excellent.

Rachel Fox said...

No, Bug, I like some Jewel songs ('I'm sensitive' and 'You were meant for me') though she has some others that make me reach for a bucket! Like her in movies too.

Hi everyone else.

x