Tuesday 30 March 2010

You think you know a song...

All that Poetry Bus action...I'm a little worn out now...and I have visitors arriving later so this will be just a quick one.

A little while back the guests at our local folk club were The Mick West Band from over the other side of Scotland. Mick is a powerful singer and one of his showstopping numbers is a really lovely cover version of a song you might have heard once or twice before. I can't find it on youtube but if you go here and click on the little player on the top right you can hear it (and I presume it's legal...it looks legal). Backing vocals on the track are from the stupendous Karine Polwart no less and the song is featured on the band's 2004 album 'A Poor Man's Labour'.

The album looks like this



Off to do baking and cleaning now.

x

9 comments:

Forthvalley scribe said...

I never heard it like that before! Lovely!Last FM is perfectly legal, and a really good way of finding new music - I can totally recommend it

Rachel Fox said...

I keep getting recommendations for music sites but get caught up in our CD collection still a lot of the time. All the bands who come to the folk club have CDs to sell and it's quite rare that we don't buy...they've always worked so hard, come so far...it feels like the least you can do!

Glad you enjoyed the song, Elizabeth.

x

Eryl said...

Baking and cleaning, gosh, X

Rachel Fox said...

Well, the guests are coming from afar so they get the works! Plus I'm not a regular housework feind...only for special occasions.

x

Titus said...

I want to be a housework feind but I'm having trouble pronouncing it.
Have a nice time after your excellent driving - I've just been looking at swiss's pictures. Eeek!

Rachel Fox said...

Oh dear...there's some multi-tasking that didn't work work out! And spelling is my favourite.

I have done lots of cooking but no cleaning. That's the way it usually goes. I can avoid cleaning with some expertise.

x

Rachel Fox said...

And Swiss' pictures...will we look stupid if we ask what they are? Don't answer that...

x

Totalfeckineejit said...

thought you said 'Barking and cleaning' How drunk am I ? Mind you Foxes do bark.

Swiss pictures? I'm off to look, will listen to song too, t'aint only womans can multi-task yeh know.EEjits can do it too! (probs)
Actually maybe not. Certainly not in fact.What day is it anyway?

Niamh B said...

I do like the presumption of legality based on what it looks like...
Enjoy the guests