Thursday 19 March 2009

Invisible – yes, please!

So – I'm off to St Andrews in Fife tomorrow for an overnight stay...some poetry business, some meeting folk, some family mini-break...oh and I've got a cold! Still I thought I'd leave you with something lovely for the weekend so here's Heidi Talbot (guest at our folk club this Tuesday gone) singing a lovely song from her latest album 'In love and light'. This song 'Invisible' was written by Boo Hewerdine (who I've mentioned here before) and he's playing guitar on the clip below too. These days John McCusker plays fiddle with Talbot but on this clip (from 2007) it is still Tola Custy. Talbot, McCusker and Hewerdine made a great St Patrick's Day team on Tuesday – an Irish singer (and part-time ukele player), a Scottish fiddler (and whistle player) and an Englishman on guitar and alternate lead and backing vocals. Which all reminds me of another song...but anyway here's Heidi playing with Boo and Tola...enjoy.

x

4 comments:

deemikay said...

Lovely!

Enjoy St Andrews. :)

Rachel Fox said...

Yes, I was singing this one all yesterday after playing it at the beginning of the day. Both her 'solo' albums are fantastic - highly recommended and all that - but the live show is really special too.
x

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rachel Fox said...

Plus de spam!.
x