Friday 21 December 2007

And so this is Xmas...

And so it is. Schools break up in about 20 minutes which leaves me approximately 15 minutes of humbug time left and then I will be dragged, kicking and screaming I assure you, into happy xmas mode by my very excited 7 year old. 'Can you believe it's just 4 days til Xmas?', 'Can you believe it's just 3 days til Xmas?' etc. Yes I can, yes I can. There seems to have been a lot of stuff this year about sensible xmas shopping and all that but no-one's told the under 10s...they still want piles of tat and Santa egg cups and Santa socks and anything and everything with Santa on it. Luckily I have lots of daft friends who buy these things for my daughter so (a) I don't have to and (b) she doesn't have to feel deprived of tat as a result.
It is time to put away other topics like poetry (my life? feels like it sometimes) and get on with bloody chestnut stuffing and bloody mince pies. I'm not usually this humbugified...I think it's probably just the season of flu and colds that seems to have been non-stop since...it started. Could be worse... I could be in hospital like my good friend Forbes (star of the Montrose Review!). Hope you're home for Xmas, Forbes, and sorry to any readers for any unpleasant grumbling. I am cheering up...5 minutes and counting...

No comments: